11/22/2007: "New information from tatu.ru"
Beliy Plaschik (White Robe) is the first single for the new t.A.T.u. studio album Upravleniye Otbrosami (Waste Management) planned to come out on December 25, 2007.
November, 29 this video gets into MTV Russia exclusive rotation.
View full article here.
The idea and script of the video are created by Insider* who invited director James Cox, producer Billy Parks and a cameraman Joe Labisi to make this video. This team has filmed “All About Us” and “Ludi-Invalidi” videos.
• Beliy Plaschik lyrics are three independent poems by a 16-year old t.A.T.u. fan, a school-girl from Saint-Petersburg Maria Maksakova (aka eza at the official t.A.T.u. forum). Insider* made one t.A.T.u. song out of her poems…
• The music and arrangement are written by Vanya Kilar, one of t.A.T.u.’s favorite authors.
• The video Beliy Plaschik was shot on 6-7 October, 2007 at Hyperion Treatment Plant – a giant waste management factory of Los Angeles and the area.
• Despite being 6++ months pregnant Yulia made a decision to take a transcontinental flight.
• Final episodes were filmed inside plant’s reserve pool, which is usually empty and is used as waste tank in case of emergency. Shooting team had to listen special security instructions stating that in case of hearing alarm people have just 3 minutes to leave a 7-meter deep tank before it’s filled up to the top. Because this huge reservoir has no access, a special three-piece stairway was built, with rails and turns. People climbed it up and down, carried equipment. There were about 30 people working on the set, and it was not exactly clear how everybody could escape in case shit appears. Seriously.
• After the filming Yulia’s ankles were in bruises. Our estimate is that she had to walk a total of one kilometer in real jail shackles. Lena, playing a woman of the night, was filmed for several hours outdoors in quite a low temperature - and caught a cold (but our girls are no strangers to this; maybe some of you don’t know it, but while filming Not Gonna Get Us video the girls had to sit in a legendary truck for 3 hours in mini-skirts and t-shirts when it was -18C - and they didn’t get sick… That’s what youth does…)
• Tabloids wrote, “Lena didn’t want to shoot Yulia and had to be persuaded to play this”. Ha-ha. Shooting the video is not making some lame fan art. Lena and Yulia are professionals, they always know the script and never drivel.
• Disclamer: Similarities to uniforms of any times and peoples are accidental and historically invalid.
• Besides the version of White Robe that you will see on November, 29, there is a full version of this video that can’t be aired on TV and will not be released until later.
*Deep inside t.A.T.u. creative team, which is usually addressed with the official word “management”, there are all kinds of people. They generate ideas, create album artwork, write songs, lyrics, treatments for videos, take photos, blog and do many other things. They agree to stay in a shadow and don’t write their names on their works. They enjoy watching the results of their job, enjoy the mysticism of their incognito (though they always complain about their wage). They call themselves Insider.